Recent Professional Honors
- Community Shares of Wisconsin "Backyard Hero" 2014
- Recipient of “Excellence in Outreach” Award by UW School of Human Ecology, 2010.
- Recipient of Dr. Brenda Pfaehler Award of Excellence, UW Center for Educational Opportunity, 2010 and 2004.
- Named as a “Woman of Distinction” by YWCA of Madison, Wisconsin, 2005.
- Appointed by Governor to serve on the Wisconsin State Public Health Council, 2004-2007 and National and Community Service Board, 2003-2006
- Inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), 2002.
- Presented national “Fred Graham Award for Innovation in Improving Community Health”, by ACMPE, 2002. Award provided $10,000 gift.
- Recipient of first annual Dane County / City of Madison Public Health Leadership Award, 1998.
Corporate Sector Board Associations
- Board Member, TASC – Total Administrative Service Corporation, Madison WI, Since 2007.
- Board Member, National Medicaid Advisory Panel, WellPoint, Camarillo, CA, 2010 - 2013.
- Wisconsin Collaborative for Health Care Quality (WCHQ), 2011-2013.
- Member, UW Athletic Board, since 2017
- Chair of the Board, GiveBack Foundation, since 2015
- Access Community Health Centers Co-Chair Annual Dinner Committee since 1999 and member of Capital Campaign Committees 2004-05 and again since 2011.
- Board of Visitors Member, UW Morgridge Center for Public Service since 2014.
- Board President and Member, Board of Friends of Wisconsin Public Television. (2006-14)
- Board Member, ABC for Health and My Coverage Plan, (2007-2012).
- Emcee – National Science Olympiad (2011). Recognition event hosting 6,000 high school students and teachers at the Kohl Center. Streamed live to an international audience.
- Appointed to National Wisconsin Alumni Association Board, 2002 and served on Executive Committee 2004-2010.
- Master of Ceremonies / New Wisconsin Promise Schools of Recognition Program (Since 2004), Annual event hosted by the Superintendent of the Department of Public Instruction including hundreds of school district administrators and teachers. Televised from the State Capitol Rotunda.
- Access Community Health Centers Development. Co-Chair of annual fundraiser since 1999.
- Boys and Girls Club of Dane County. Board Member 2002-2009.
- Board Chair, Friends of the UW Veterinary Medical Teaching Program. 2007-2009.
- Board of Visitors Member, UW School of Human Ecology (1998-2007).
- United Way of Dane County. Co-Chaired Womens’ Initiative, advancing “Schools of Hope” reading program (2006-2008). Served as Chair of Leadership (“Key Club”) Giving (2003-2005).
Community Board / Collaborative Engagement/Coalition Experience
- Co-Chair, Consumer Workgroup, Wisconsin Collaborative on Health Care Quality (2006-07)
- United Way of Dane County, Community Solutions Team, “Healthy For Life” (2001-04) – Made funding decisions for health and human service agencies and targeted programs supported by United Way of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- Dane County Health Council (2000-06) – Advanced a community-wide health benefits counseling and primary / specialty care model for uninsured residents of Dane County, Wisconsin.
- Founding Member, Dane County Coalition for Neighborhood Child Health (1992-2002) Advanced a neighborhood based model of care for low–income children and their families.
- Founding Member, Dane County Interpreter Service Collaborative (1994-2000) Developed a community wide model for assessing and securing qualified medical interpreters across public and private health systems.
- Vaccinate Infants Promptly (1995-2002) – Advanced community based solutions to improving immunization rates among all ages.
- State of Wisconsin Uncompensated Health Care Committee, Division of Health Care Financing, Department of Health and Family Services (1998-99)